My signature 3 month, 1:1 mentoring programme for people who need to carve out the space and time to write, creatively.
Do you need a writer pal in your pocket?
The fact you are here, on this page, tells me that you are letting ideas for your latest writing fester and fall away aren’t you? Wishing you could pin one down and run with it, fed up of the what ifs. Have you been writing as a hobby for years? Or maybe you’ve always been naturally good at the written word and are always coming up with brilliant ideas for your next piece..?
You do know you have every bit as much right to write as the next person but writing in a vacuum is hard – I’ve been there. Searching for inspiration, bouncing ideas off walls and even beginning to write only to give up at the first wobble because there was no there to talk things through with.
Take your writing to the next level
Staring at blank pages with ideas whizzing around your brain is no fun and it’s taken me years to curate a small group of fellow writers that I genuinely trust with my ideas. I can wholeheartedly say that there is nothing better than having someone in your corner when it comes to needing support with anything and everything from encouraging the ideas out of your brain and onto the page, to having the confidence and belief in yourself to send them out into the big wide world.
What if I told you, I could be the person in your corner? Like a writer pal in your pocket, I could be there to offer support, words of advice and experienced, constructive feedback on your writing.
Make your writing dreams a reality
Together, we can carve out distraction-free time to help you move past the point of getting your ideas onto the page, and onto building regular writing sessions into your day.
Enabling you to write well, write regularly and more importantly write with the confidence you should already be embodying, you and I will develop the tools you need to realise you ARE WORTHY of your creative pursuits and that the time to chase them is right now.
How would you feel if you actually finished the latest piece you were working on? If you had fully committed to making it the best it could be? What about the moment you hear it’s won the writing competition you entered a few months ago?
Those feelings aren’t as far away as you think.
What to expect
Focussed monthly calls
3 x 60 minute calls on a set day each month to bounce ideas, talk through feedback, discuss stumbling blocks and help you move your writing forward.
Me showing up weekly in your inbox
A weekly email, including resources to help you track progress and meet your goals, to remind you that you aren’t alone.
Self-imposed regular deadlines
We’ll set manageable but non-negotiable deadlines to ensure you have the accountability you need to stay on track. A little bit of tough love never did anyone any harm, right?
Professional, experienced feedback
Constructive written and verbal feedback on your work (up to 2500 words every month).
I can help you with:
- Finding your “why” and with it the motivation to sit down and write
- Banishing procrastination – don’t worry, we all do it!
- Building a regular daily or even weekly writing habit so the words have the space and time they need to flow.
- Creating a newfound, real-life confidence in your writing
- Delivering pep talks when you feel like quitting – it happens to the best of us, repeatedly.
- Enabling you to make your writing the best it can be
- Some practical insider knowledge on how publishing actually works
- Recommendations for further reading and resources that will help you think a little more outside the box.
- Firm up your new novel idea.
- Actually write a few chapters of your novel – imagine that!
- Nail the plan for your non-fiction book or even write actual chapters of it.
- Create a series of short stories or plan them out.
- Write content for your website/social media platforms.
- Blog, to your heart’s content.
My gamechanger: Feedback
One of the things that has really helped me grow as a writer has been receiving feedback on my work. I’m not a proof-reader or professional editor, so the feedback I give you will be from a reader’s point of view.
I’ll highlight all the best bits of your writing and explain why I like them. I’ll also ask questions about your writing to help you think about how you might want to make changes moving forward.
Because we’re working together on a monthly basis, you can rest assured that I know enough about your work to understand your goals and give you personalised feedback and action steps to help you reach them, whilst maintaining a positive mindset throughout.
This perfect for you if:
- You have ideas coming out of your ears but never seem to finish anything
- You struggle to make the time to write (but always seem to have time for Netflix, right?)
- You value constructive feedback and creative collaboration.
- You thrive when working to deadlines.
- Accountability helps you to get, and stay, motivated.
- You’re ready to commit to the process of honing your craft as a writer.
- You know that the secret to writing is… actually writing!
I’m not the mentor for you if:
- You are looking for genre-specific help
- You need practical help to write a book
- You are looking for a proof-reader or editor
- You want someone to tell you what is right or wrong when it comes to writing your thing
- You want someone to help get your novel published
- You need the grammar police
Go from this…
- No time to write
- Too many distractions and procrastinations
- Lacking in confidence
- Hiding from criticism
- Keeping your writing hidden away
- Having multiple projects on the go
- Regular writing sessions
- Focussed, effective writing time
- KNOWING your writing is worthy
- Actively seeking out feedback
- So proud you shout about it from the rooftops
- Actually finishing one and working towards getting it published
£1500 paid in full
3 x monthly payments of £500
There will be an opportunity to extend our time together by another 1 or 3 months at the end of the initial 3 months and to ensure I am as focussed as I possibly can be on you, you will be my only long-term mentee during your time with me.
To find out if this package is right for you, book a 20-minute discovery call. There is no obligation to sign up and really just a chance for us to learn a bit more about each other, to ensure we’re the right fit!
Why I created this package
For a decade I worked 50+ hour weeks in various jobs I hated. I thought a career in creativity was pipe dream. A lost cause. A total impossibility.
I thought to become a writer I’d have to go back to university or get an unpaid internship to get my foot in the door.
But hard work and consistent writing can change everything.
This course is a way for me to pass on what I’ve learned to the eager yet disheartened writers of the world. You deserve to bring your creation to life!
I’m not gonna upload my CV for ya, but here are the highlights:
- I’ve written for major publications including Refinery29, Grazia, Metro and Reader’s Digest
- I’ve published two books and am currently working on my third
- I teach creative writing
- I have no formal qualifications in writing (which is kind of cool when you think about it)