The doors are currently closed. Learn more about my 1:1 sessions below.
I want to invite you to start living creatively.
To start writing, possibly for the first time in years.
Because we all know that writing never leaves you. It lives within you, quietly waiting for you to pick up where you left off.
I’m giving you permission to dream big and flex your creative muscles.
To float ideas that have been percolating for a while now, to generate new ones and to toss out your preconceived notion of what a ‘writer’ looks like.
Because writers are everywhere. Tapping on keyboards, writing on scraps of paper, creating social media captions, crafting elaborate text exchanges with friends, typing up emails to family.
Writers are folks like you and me.
Writers who have been told, by ourselves or otherwise, that we’ve not got what it takes. That our ideas are out-dated, our grammar too clumsy and our potential non-existent. That’s me. That’s you.
We’re the writers who defy the negative talk and make stuff happen anyway.
Writing together we’ll build a routine. A habit that prepares you to produce your best work.
This isn’t necessarily about making money. It’s about making space. A space for you to fulfill the creative urge that never gets to rise to the surface.
Creativity is a basic need for you and to deny yourself that craving is a tragedy. Here’s what you need to do…
You can make space for creativity and I implore you to do so, with or without my support.
But if you need someone to hold your hand, cheer you on, to remind you why you started… I’m here. You’ll be part of a group of creative folks who know that the need to write runs in our blood.
A team of writers who dare to dream.
What to expect
- Weekly virtual writing sessions – where you can show up and write
- Writing prompts and exercises – totally optional and perfect for those weeks when you log on without a particular goal in mind
- Three group mentoring sessions – with just a handful of other writers, giving you valuable facetime with me to talk through any ideas or creative stumbling blocks you’re facing
- The Writers’ Wall – here you can track your progress and celebrate milestones along the way
- The Creative Thread – a private Voxer group (similar to WhatsApp) where our little group of creative geniuses can hop in and out, get feedback, share book recommendations and receive regular pep talks from yours truly
I’ll help you…
- Make space for yourself to create
- Gain confidence as a writer
- Set achievable writing goals
- Generate new ideas
- Learn more about your own creative style
This is for you if:
- You’ve got ideas for a blog/newsletter/memoir/novel
- Your fear of failure stops you from writing anything at all
- You’re a perfectionist and rarely let anyone see your work
- You struggle to find time to pitch your ideas for publication
- You’re a complete novice and want to write as a hobby
- You want to document your life in a diary or journal
- You’re totally stumped for ideas but have the urge to create
- You’re constantly writing for work but never manage to carve out time to write for yourself
- You know writing serves you mentally but don’t know where to start
- Writing helps you escape from reality and helps you make sense of the world
- Writing feels like the one thing you were born to do
Still not sure?
Pop me an email email@example.com and we can chat.
Welcome session with replay available
Weekly live drop in* writing sessions start on Wednesday mornings between 7am – 9am
Group session times TBC
All sessions will take place on Zoom
*pop in and out as you please within this 2 hour slot. Punctuality entirely optional!
YOUR INVESTMENT: 6 x monthly installments of £95 (total £570)
Why I created this course
For a decade I worked 50+ hour weeks in various jobs I hated. I thought a career in creativity was pipe dream. A lost cause. A total impossibility.
I thought to become a writer I’d have to go back to university or get an unpaid internship to get my foot in the door.
But hard work and consistent writing can change everything.
This course is a way for me to pass on what I’ve learned to the eager yet disheartened writers of the world. You deserve to bring your creation to life!
I’m not gonna upload my CV for ya, but here are the highlights:
- I’ve written for major publications including Refinery29, Grazia, Metro and Reader’s Digest
- I’ve published two books and am currently working on my third
- I teach creative writing
- I have no formal qualifications in writing (which is kind of cool when you think about it)
Frequently asked questions
What if I can’t attend the live sessions?
The real work gets done during our Wednesday morning writing sessions. If you can’t attend them, you won’t get the most out of the course. You don’t need to attend them all, just as many as possible to maximise the amount of writing you get done!
I'm an amateur writer, can I join?
This is designed for writers of ALL abilities, so yes! You are so welcome here!
Do I have to attend every session?
Nope, it’s up to you how much you show up. I’d recommend you attend at least three writing sessions every month and every group session if you can.
How much time will I need to invest in the course?
At least one hour per week, but once you get started writing you’ll end up wanting to do more!
Will this course run again?
I’ll likely run this course again in Summer 2021.
What happens in the group mentoring sessions?
Everyone will be given the chance to speak to the group about how their writing is coming along. I’ll provide support and feedback for everyone who attends.
Do I need to show my face on Zoom?
Nope! Do what you feel comfortable with.
I don't have a writing project in mind, should I still join?
If you’ve got a project in mind, great. I you don’t, that’s totally fine. This course is about training yourself to have a regular writing habit. You can use each session to work on personal writing like journaling, or I can send you some creative writing prompts to get your juices flowing every week. Even if you’re not working towards a specific goal, getting words on the page is great for honing your craft.
A LIL NOTE FROM ME: This is a considered purchase and involves both time on your part to get the best results. If you can’t afford this course, please don’t buy it.