You might have read my long rambling posts about depression and hopeless it can make me feel. I’m sure you’re reading this because you too have been fighting the back dog for some time now, so don’t worry, you’re safe here. I get you.

I was diagnosed with depression in 2012. Since then I’ve had a lot of treatment and medication to get to a place where I can say I’m OK 80% of the time. But what about the other 20%? Because let’s be honest, out of a full year 20% makes up a substantial chunk of time to not feel OK. In fact, it adds up to about 73 days.

If you paid someone to redecorate your house and out of five rooms they decided to not to touch one entire room, you wouldn’t be satisfied would you? Every time you went into that room you’d feel short-changed. You’d want your house to reach its full potential, right?

Well, that’s what recovery is to me. It’s enjoying those freshly painted rooms in all their glory. I fucking dancing around naked in those beautiful rooms until I’m tired, then digging down deep to work on that one unfinished room as and when required.

I’ve got a little help for you

You can download my free eBook “How to Get Stuff Done with Depression” below.

In it,  I focus on how to get stuff done in that niggling 20%. That short spell that occurs when you’re not quite coping, but you have a tiny bit of motivation to keep things ticking over until you feel better again.

This isn’t for long stretches of depression, but instead for those if us who are generally recovered (I don’t know if I’ll ever feel ‘fully’ recovered) but regularly experience the odd relapse. I call them down days, and that’s what we’ll be focusing on over the next few pages.

If you haven’t already please join our growing Facebook community at Get Stuff Done with Depression. It’s a closed group where we all meet to share tips, offer support and generally get stuff done!